What's the best thing you can do on a december afternoon, except being a couch-potatoe watching television...? Exactly, smashing a fast and healthy baking session for the festive days.
I think that coconut macaroons are quite christmasy, but unfortunately the original ones are way too unhealthy for us as we want to stay fit and look sexy as a fox. So I changed the recipe to a healthier version. This is definitely one of the easiest and fastest recipes I've ever shared with you.
|All you'll need|
|form little balls|
|that's how they look when they're ready|
- 100gr shredded coconuts
- 2 egg-whites
- sweetener (to taste, I didn't use sweetener)
- Beat the egg-white until stiff
- Add your shredded coconuts to your egg-white in a bowl
- If you want your macaroons to be sweeter, add your sweetener
- Mix until you get small dough-blobs
- Take a spoon to form little balls and place them on your baking tray. (Feel free to do the same thing with your hands if this is easier for you)
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes at 175°c until they get a golden layer
You see...you don't need a lot of ingredients to create a healthy but festive pastry. So while other people are serving those fatty christmasy cookies and cakes, serve those light and easy digestible protein coconut macaroons and I reassure you that your people will love them and ask how you made them.