Montag, 28. April 2014

Bootea teatox- the truth!

Hello Monday!


As I told you in a previous artcile,I did Nikki Sharp's 5-Day detox program 'stay sharp be strong' last week and it was awesome. While I try to stay away from hyped products,I have to admit that, once, I have also been a victim of a product hyped and exploited through social media.



Last year I was scrolling through my Instagram feed and cam across  'Bootea Teatox', I guess that by now almost everyone has already heard of it. I was really curious about it, so I scrolled through their profile.And what I saw was a bunch of great before/after pictures and fancy quote-pictures. I searched the whole web for reviews and I couldn't find anything negative about this teatox. And while I was also trying to lose some weight ( I was at 60kg back then) I ordered a package and downloaded their free diet-plan. 


1 week later my 14-Day Boota Teatox arrived from the UK( I guess). My order contained 1 bag with 14 Daytime teabags and 1 bag with 7 Night-time teabags. The Daytime tea was for every morning before having breakfast and the night-time tea was for every second night before going to bed. 

When I first opened the bags it smelled like feet, seriously. I was  a bit disgusted by this mold smell. I also went through their diet plan and now that I am more into healthy-  and clean eating I know that the food program they offer is total bullshit. I mean how do you expect people to lose weight and look and feel good afterwards if you eat a jacket potato in the evening? Or oat-cookies with yogurt and only a small green salad for lunch? Are you serious? Plus, a detox is not meant to make you lose weight! A detox should only cleanse your body and make you feel better!



After 2 weeks I had a super flat belly and I lost 4kg, but NOT because of this Teatox but because I couldn't eat anything anymore. I constantly had belly aches and diarrhea. I didn't feel good at all and In addition to the belly aches I also had many headaches and my whole body felt bad.

But worst of all, my menstrual cycle became totally irregular. Which I think shouldn't be happening while doing a detox program?! I mean how can a tea to influence your menstrual cycle?This Bootea seems to contain some really weird ingredients and I'm not sure yet if I want to know what I exactly consumed these 14 days.



After having done this teatox, I did some research again, and I found only 1 single honest (and not sponsored/paid review) about Bootea that also listed some of the side effects. I wish I had found this review earlier.
And you know what? In this review the person described the same side-effects that I had.
Plus, you risk ,as a girl, that your birth control pill doesn't work. I can call myself lucky that I am not pregnant by now!They should rename their tea from Boo-tea to Prego-tea if you ask me.


I highly dissuade to buy anything that has an advertisement on Instagram, Twitter or any other social media. You don't know where it is produced, you can't be sure what it exactly contains, even if it's listed on the back how can you be sure that this is true? These products are not even proven or have been analyzed by any doctor, professor or nutritionist.


If you really want to do a Detox, checkout yesterday's post! 
I highly recommend Nikki Sharp's detox program, it is 100% natural, you don't have to buy any feet-smelling tea and I can reassure you that you will feel better and that you won't get bellyaches, diarrhea or get pregnant!

I wish you all a nice and successful week! 

10 Kommentare:

  1. Any proper detox will have side affect such as headaches. And the diarrhea is your body's way of getting rid of the toxins ;) About the whole it messing up your menstrual cycle, I dont know anything about that. But I did a different detox a while back that a friend of mine suggested. She studies nutrition and the side affects that she mentioned are the same one you are mentioning now... Besides the part where it messed up your menstrual cycle.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Well I also did the Nikki Sharp detox and I had no side effects at all, that's why I created this post to show people, but most of all women, that we don't have to buy an extra tea to detoxify our body.

      Thank you for your comment! xoxo

      Löschen
  2. Diarrhoea? That's the night time tea - mostly senna leaf a laxative used for constipation. The ingredients in this tea are mostly diuretics (make you pee) and laxatives - no detox should be based on these things you're just dehydrating your body and giving yourself a really bad tummy!

    Hope you feel better!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hey, thanks for your comment.

      You are totally right! Yes I stopped after a few days as I felt really bad. I only recommend the Nikki Sharp detox, it's natural and even more effective.

      Wish you a nice day xx

      Löschen
  3. OMG! am planning to buy this product to lose my weight and flat my belly. but after view this i decided not to buy this product! many thanks for the review ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hey dear!
      I am happy that I could change your mind because unfortunately it is not that healthy :/ You are welcome and I hope that I could reach many other people too ! :)

      xx

      Löschen
  4. I went through the same thing omg. I hated it, i thought it was because i was on a strict diet, i guess its the bootea teatox after all. But it costed me around $90, its the 28 days, and its only been 9 days, i had the tummy ache minutes ago, should i stop?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hey there!
      If you have bad belly aches I would stop instantly, it concerns your health and you only got one. Get well soon!
      If you want to detoxify your body, try out the 5-day detox by Nikki Sharp, I also published a review aboutthat on my blog here.

      xx

      Löschen
  5. I think I was one of that hyped by the ads on instagram and twitter and ALMOST decided to buy bootea its a bit overpriced here in my country, glad I found your review! Thank you so much you saved me a million IDR :') best regards x

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. yep unfortunately me too. And while I didn't find any HONEST review about it I wanted to give it a try...
      For heaven's sake blogger exist right? I am happy to hear that you liked my review and that I could 'save' you buying this ;) If you want to detoxify your body, have a look at the Nikki Sharp 5-Day Detox. I also have a report on this on the blog.

      xx

      Löschen